We currently have an excellent opportunity for a recent school leaver to kickstart their career in warehousing. Your apprenticeship will fulfil the role of Warehouse Apprentice within the Supply Chain Team.
As a Warehouse Apprentice you will learn how to ensure stock is received, stored, picked & despatched accurately, and that all Health and Safety requirements are met, and company policies are adhered to.
- Receiving and unloading/loading deliveries
- Packing and unpacking
- Checking and booking in orders
- Quality checking and control
- Stock management
- Maintaining the warehouse in a clean and tidy condition
- Teamwork – liaise with Engineering and Service Teams
- Health and safety guidelines within the warehouse
As a Modern Apprentice you will undertake a Warehousing, Storage and Distribution SVQ Level 2.
This SCQF Level 5 (SVQ L2) qualification is an entry level qualification, aimed at warehouse assistants, stockroom assistants, stock receivers, dispatchers and stock pickers to name a few.
Qualification or qualities required
Looking for a recent school leaver with NAT 5's in English and Maths grade or above.
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and keen to learn
- Attention to detail.
- Questioning and listening skills.
- Numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise
- Reasonable level of computer literacy with experience of MS Office software.
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of lifting and standing for long periods
How to apply
To apply please email CV and covering letter to Siobhan Dalby firstname.lastname@example.org.