We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
JWF (Group) Ltd (including JWF Process Solutions Ltd and JWF Measurement Solutions Ltd) is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for determining the purpose and means of processing personal data relating to you.
JWF (Group) Ltd whose registered office is at 85 Seaward Street, Glasgow, G41 1HJ registered in Scotland (SC493916) has created this privacy statement because we take your privacy seriously. This policy also includes JWF Process Solutions Ltd (SC038002) and JWF Measurement Solutions Ltd (SC493938).
Visitors to our website
We collect the following information:
- The name of your provider
- Your IP address
- The type of browser you use
- Your operating system
- Device Type
- Browsing activity
- Search terms you have used to either find our website and the websites from which you visit our website
Online enquiry form
We have an online enquiry form on our website in order for people to make an enquiry request. We collect the following information:
- Company business name
- Telephone number
- Area of interest
- Details of Enquiry
We will use the information in order to process and provide a response to your enquiry and/or provide a quote for services and/or products. If your enquiry includes a request for a quote for our products and/or services we may have to store your details in order to provide a quote (please see section on Affiliate Information)
We use a third party provider, LiveChat Inc., to supply and support our LiveChat service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time.
If you use the Live Chat service we will collect the following information:
- First name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Contents of your Live Chat session.
We collect this information so we can answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future. If you made a request for quote regarding our products and/or services we may need to ask for more information (please see section about Affiliate Information).
You can request a transcript of your conversation and/or ticket created on Live Chat if you contact our Data Protection Officer using details at the bottom of the page.
Information from LiveChat will be retained for as long as we consider necessary in the interests of providing satisfactory service levels to customers.
If you made an enquiry via the LiveChat function relating to our products and/or services please see section about Affiliate Information to see how long we will retain your information.
Affiliate Information is defined as information given to JWF by a third party in the normal course of business. Such information is retained for business use only.
We undertake to preserve both the confidentiality of information received and the nature of our business relationships
Any enquiry made over any medium including, but not limited to, telephone, email, face-to-face, online enquiry form or LiveChat, we must collect specific information in order for us to provide a quote for our products and/or services, provide technical support or process an order. We collect the following information:
- First name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Company business name
- Company address
- Job title
- Financial details
- IP address
This information is used:
- To maintain our accounts and affiliate records;
- For billing;
- To enable us to answer your enquiries;
- To provide quotes for our products and services;
- To get in contact with you to provide technical support;
- For verifying your identity for security purposes;
- To get in contact with you about your enquiry or order;
- To send customer survey feedback emails;
- To send you e-newsletters which you have signed up.
Further to the uses described above, we may transfer your personal information to third parties who provide and/or support the products and services that we provide. We require to provide sufficient information (such as name, address etc.) to permit these third parties to fulfil our requirements for products and/or services, technical support, quotes, orders and deliveries.
In relation to customers, the lawful basis for which we collect and process your personal information is typically to provide a quote for our products and services. We will continue to hold personal information for as long as we consider necessary in the interests of providing satisfactory service levels to customers.
We commit to ensure that any data we process is correct and up to date. It is your obligation to make us aware of any changes to your personal information.
In some situations, you may have the following rights:
- Right to be informed. This means that we must tell you how we use your data. This is the purpose of this privacy notice.
- Right to request access. You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request.
- Right to request correction. If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it.
- Right to request erasure. If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it.
- Right to object to the inclusion of any information. In situations where JWF, or a third party, are relying on a legitimate interest to hold your data, you have the right to object to the way we use your data.
- Right to request the restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to stop the processing of your personal information..
- Right to portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
- Right to request the transfer. You have the right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please contact our Data Protection Officer using details at the end of this document.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
- let us have enough information to identify you, and
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
Consequences of your failure to provide personal information
If you neglect to provide certain information when requested, it may affect our ability to provide you with a quote, technical support or an order for our products and/or services.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently. Cookies can be used to provide information to website owners, for example to analyse web traffic or to inform the owner when an individual visits the website. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, so that the web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
There are various types of cookies:
Essential website cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Performance cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites but are non-essential to their use. For example it stores your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Analytics cookies: We use analytics cookies to help us measure how users interact with website content, which helps us customize our websites and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
Marketing cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone at 0303 123 1113 or other channels as updated at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer, Siobhan Dalby, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Office please send an email to email@example.com, write to Data Protection Officer, JWF (Group) Ltd, 85 Seaward Street, Glasgow G41 1HJ, United Kingdom or call +44 (0) 141 880 7455.